Friday, June 14, 2013

Day 10 - endurance

Today is a very interesting day for me. I woke up at 615am, had my mangoes and yoghurt by 630am and rushed out to do charity work. 

Just to side track a little, I went to Willing Hearts to help out in the soup kitchen. Willing Hearts a non-profit organization that prepare meals for the underprivileged, needy folks and deliver to various locations. 

The moment I stepped into the kitchen, it was huge, there were huge area for food preparation, 4 huge stoves with 4 huge woks, really huge rice cookers, and an area to pack the cooked food. 

To keep the long story short, I was assigned to pack lunch boxes. Can you imagine that I packed from 730am till 11am, staring at the different dishes for 3.5hours. I felt like I was a server at the economical rice stall. I was glad to prepare meals for the needy folks! 

With the current situation where I cannot eat "normal" food, the different dishes do looked delicious! Even the vegetarian pasta looked yummy! I did not salivate, ofcoz! Despite the delicious and simple meals, I was glad that I did not feel hungry through the whole morning. 

By the time I reached home, it was more than 6 hours since my last meal. To pamper myself a little, I made myself some beef. 

Stir fried tenderloin beef with xiao bai cai. 

I told myself that I was glad that I could make myself a meal, and very privileged to have beef for my lunch. There are many people out there who do not get to eat beef tenderloin and merely eat to live.

Be thankful!

Come to dinner time, I had tofu with xiao bai cai. 

Lastly, I ended my fruitful day with an apple! 

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment